Europa League 2020: UEFA Europa League will be the 50th season of Europe’s secondary club football tournament. It has been organizing by UEFA and the 12th season since it was renamed from the UEFA Cup to the UEFA Europa League.
Here in the following post, we are going to discuss many subjects of Europa Leauge, when it started and what the schedule is?
When does the Europa League 2019/20 start?
The Europa League 2019/20 starts on Thursday, September 19, 2019, with the group phase.
What is the mode of the Europa League?
The Europa League begins with the group stage. There are 12 groups with 4 teams each. These compete against each other twice. The 2 best teams in each group qualify for the knockout phase.
The knockout phase begins with the sixteenth final. There the group thirds of the Champions League join. A return game plays in each case. The winner of the 2 games goes one round.
If both games are a tie or if both teams win once, the away goals rule decides. The team that has scored more goals away wins. In the event of an equal number of points and goals, the winner will be determining in the second game in extra time or on penalties. Then the round of 16, quarter-finals and semi-finals follow in the same mode. The winner will be determining on May 27, 2020, in the final.
Schedule of the Europa League 2020:
The games take place on Thursday evening. The early games start at 6.55 pm. The late matches will kick off at 9 p.m. Games are also occasionally played on Wednesday (4:50 pm.) before the Champions League games.
All dates of the Europa League season 2019/20
Matchday 1: September 19, 2019
Matchday 2: October 3, 2019
Matchday 3: October 24, 2019
Matchday 4: 6th / 7th November 2019
Matchday 5: 27/28 November 2019
Matchday 6: December 12, 2019
First leg: February 20, 2020
Second leg: February 27, 2020
First leg: March 12, 2020
Second leg: March 19, 2020
First leg: April 9, 2020
Second leg: April 16, 2020
First leg: April 30, 2020
Second leg: May 7, 2020
When and where Europa League 2020 final take place?
On May 27, 2020, the two best teams of the UEFA Europa League season will meet in Gdansk Poland, where 2020 final will be playing. The game will take place in the Gdansk arena, which seats 41,500 spectators.
Who are the favorites Europa League 2020 teams?
The Europa League has several top-class teams this season. Many teams played in the Champions League last season. The three top favorites:
1. Manchester United: Even if the “Red Devils” would prefer to play in the Champions League, they are considering being the favorites. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer initiated a change in the summer. He is increasingly betting on young players. Of course, they need their time but should lead Manchester United back to the successful times of the past.
2. Arsenal FC: The previous year’s finalist is playing for the title again this year. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, David Luiz or Nicolas Pepe, the quality in Arsenal’s squad is great. If they manage to get this great quality on the pitch in the crucial games, the “Gunners” have every chance of winning the title.
3. Sevilla FC: Sevilla FC is the record winner in this competition. The club has already won the title five times. This year they are again among the favorites.
Third-placed Champions League groups who join the intermediate round could also have a good chance.
Where will the Europa League be broadcast on TV and live stream?
There is good news for football fans because games are broadcast on BT Sports. They will telecast on TV, online, and mobile app. If you want to watch more games, you have to subscribe to the streaming service Dazn. Dazn shows 190 of 205 matches live, including all games with German participation.
Qualified teams of Europa League 2020:
There are 20 teams have been qualified in the final tournament:
- Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland
- Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia
- C: Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, Play-off winner D or A
- D: England, Croatia, Play-off winner C, Czech Republic
- Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Play-off winner B
- Group F: Play-off winner A or D, Portugal, France, Germany
How can fans get tickets?
The deadline for requesting tickets for the UEFA Europa League final will open in March 2020.
UEFA Champions League – 2020/21:
The winners of the UEFA Europa League 2019/20 automatically enter the group stage of the UEFA Champions League 2020/21. If the winner of the UEFA Europa League qualifies for the group stage through their national league, the third classified of the fifth federation in the ranking will enter the group stage.
What happens if the tie persists after 90 minutes?
Then the league goes to the extension in two periods of 15 minutes. If after 120 minutes everything remains the same, the final decides on penalties.
Euro Cup Odds:
Today, many bettors like to place wagers on euro cup odds on the winner. Also, they like to bet on match results and total points over/under. If you are not up to date with its latest news that will be helpful for successful bets, it can be difficult to win. We recommend visiting the bettingexpert.com site to know everything about Euro Cup betting.