When it comes to such a giant pro sport, everyone wants to know how much do MLS players make? Major League Soccer is one of the popular games in the world. Let us find out here in the following:
How much do MLS players make?
MLS salaries have increased considerably over time, only for 2018 at least 143 players earned more than half a million dollars, including Vela and the Dos Santos.
Compared to 2011, in 2018 salaries increased considerably, since 2011. Only 4% of players won more than $ 500,000, while in the previous campaign it was 22% of players who won more than that figure.
The best salary in 2011 was for David Beckham, who earned $ 6.5 billion with LA Galaxy. The second-highest-paid was Thierry Henry who was earning $ 5.6 billion with NY Red Bulls. Rafael Marquez was the third with $ 4.6 billion with Red Bulls in that campaign.
The best paid in 2018:
– Sebastian Giovinco, pocketed 7,115,556 million dollars, playing for Toronto FC, which earned him the best-paid player in the MLS.
– Michael Bradley, the 31-year-old midfielder, won 6,500,000 million, with Toronto FC, taking second place in the MLS. Learn more abut MLS here.
– The Mexican Carlos Vela, appears in third place, after winning 6,292,500 million with Los Angeles FC. The fourth-place belongs to the German Bastian Schweinsteiger who won 6,100,000 million with Chicago Fire.
– Giovani dos Santos closes the top five, winning 6,000,000 million dollars. While stars like David Villa and Wayne Rooney appear in sixth and ninth place by earning 5,610,000 and 2,776,731 million respectively.
– Jonathan dos Santos appears in the 15th position, winning 2,000,000 million with LA Galaxy. Zlatan Ibrahimovic appears to 26th position with a profit of 1,500,000 million with Los Angeles.
If you want to bet MLS, play it with mybookie.ag which is one of the trusted sportsbooks.